A Day at Corfe Castle

Last Monday, I went on a day trip with my dad and his family. We visited Corfe Castle, a fortification built in the 11th century by William ...

Last Monday, I went on a day trip with my dad and his family. We visited Corfe Castle, a fortification built in the 11th century by William the Conqueror, standing above the small village at the foot of the hill called Corfe Castle as well.

I really like old castles and manors and as the village was just too cute to simply walk past, I really enjoyed wandering through the little streets and exploring the small church and lovely gardens and tea shops. To do some art practice for my course, I sat down next to the castle to draw it from different angles and made some quick scetches while the fam explored the rest of the castle ruins. Although it was very windy on top of the hill, and we had to walk quite a lot to get there, the weather was amazing and we enjoyed the sunshine while having scones with clotted cream and tea next to the castle.


Thanks for reading this quick one, autumn related posts are on the way!

Love,
Vivi xx

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

About me

INSTAGRAM: @vivienwlsn

Like us on Facebook